I take comissions and frequently have pieces for sale. If you wish to contact me about comissioning a model please email me to discuss it. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Favorite



Everyone has their favorite horse that they have painted. I think mine will always be my Jenn Reid Arend resin. I have had him for years, and he has remained my favorite horse. He was one of those that demanded to be a certain color, even though that color was not accepted in the breed he was sculpted to represent. I painted him in literally less than 30 minutes. He has been shown successfully as a Georgian Grande (ASB x Clyde) named ERS The Perfect Storm. I have attempted to sell him so he could have a show home, but he refuses to leave, so I just gave up and kept him. The pic at the top was taken shortly after being painted, and the lower one was just this past winter, we had to go play in the snow! Shows how well my paintjobs hold up, this horse was painted in '02 I believe.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry--I screwed up on my post!

    Anyway, I wanted to ask what the base model looked like for this. I can't figure out what Jenn Reid Arend means.

    Also, I'm curious to learn more about showing models. You use a lot of language of the biz--maybe in your blog you can explain some of that? Like how you get awarded, what the horses are judged on, can only certain models be used, how much modification is allowed, etc. I'm just curious and want to learn more! :)

    BTW, I LOVE your Swift Wind model on your website. It is just fantastic! I'm a HUGE She-Ra fan and have all the toys, but the toys weren't designed after the cartoon. So seeing a "real" Swift Wind model is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete