I take comissions and frequently have pieces for sale. If you wish to contact me about comissioning a model please email me to discuss it. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, May 17, 2010

The Black Stallion Saga

So, I grew up reading the Black Stallion series by Walter Farley. I know that a HUGE number of other horse-crazy kids that all had the same fantasy of a huge, black Arabian that was all theirs. Throughout my hobby career, from the earliest I can remember, I have always had a horse that was the Black. When I started customizing, I endeavoured to create the perfect model of him. The Breyer creation was just not satisfactory, at least the Trad. sized one was not, it in no way personifies the magnificent beast described in the book. The Classic one was better, but being smaller, obviously inferior. How could he be the leader of my herd if he was smaller than all the Traditional sized models? The Black was supposed to be big! So it began, my personal quest to make the perfect Black model!

This week I bring you Phase I, a CM PS Arabian, slightly repositioned and resculpted. Created in about 2002.





This little project has evolved into what I refer to as my "Black Stallion Project". I am slowly making all of the characters from the books. I have the Black, Flame, and Bonfire so far. Satan and Black Minx are in the works. I plan to do Napoleon, Sagr, and Johar as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment