I take comissions and frequently have pieces for sale. If you wish to contact me about comissioning a model please email me to discuss it. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Inspiration

I rarely do portrait models, some folks are just too picky about things for me. I do them on a limited basis for the most part. Mainly I work from my imagination, and my knowledge of equine coat color and patterns. Sometimes I will use a photo of a horse for a basic idea of what I want to do. This horse was brought to the school where I was a Vet Tech student, it was at the local animal shelter, and we were doing the vaccinations and Coggins testing on it for them. This is the only Palomino Pintaloosa I have ever seen. I know Pintaloosas exist, but have mainly seen them on Minis, this was a 2-3 year old. I wish I could have taken it home!





This is the model that I created using the photos of the horse as inspiration. I love how he turned out. He was done for a show donation back in 07 I think.




1 comment:

  1. I actually dug out my old photo album because of this horse. He/she is marked almost exactly like a filly my Aunt bred several years ago. KB was the result of a pinto welsh/shetland mare and red leopard Appaloosa stallion cross. A 2 years later the same cross resulted in a blue pintaloosa colt.

    ReplyDelete