I take comissions and frequently have pieces for sale. If you wish to contact me about comissioning a model please email me to discuss it. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, June 18, 2010

Fantasy Friday

As promised, another edition of Fantasy Friday. This week I have a piece that I did in '05. It is the most extensive and complicated one I have ever done, and have never done another like it. The wings are completely hand-built with Apoxie sculpt over a wire frame. This thing is huge! Nearly 18 inches tall and weighed about 6 lbs! It is a remade Breyer Clydesdale stallion. I took my inspiration from a drawing I did back in '04 or so. The title of the piece is "The Old Warrior", and it was sold along with the model.



Not an exact replica of the drawing, but close. I would LOVE to do another on this scale, though I have done a couple of SM sized ones over the years using Tammey Abbey's wings and horns.


No comments:

Post a Comment